5 Pedagogies You Should Try This Year
Technology will never replace the teacher but rather help him to elevate himself and empower his methods and pedagogy.
Thus, in this article, we will not just take a look at some Edtech tools, but rather on the pedagogies that can be enriched by these tools.
1. Peer Learning
Peer learning is a pedagogy that lets learners manage their own learning together in groups, working on different thematics. No teachers here, only facilitators, coaching the learners and igniting engagement and discussion in groups.
Peer Learning is a relatively anarchist pedagogy that has, for a long time, proved its effectiveness over more classical models.
2. Speed Learning
Do we really need that many years of study to master the skills we will need to upskill and ensure a better career? In fact ... not really. That's what Growth tribe, the leading growth hacking academy in Europe, claims.
When you enter the through the gates of the Growth tribe academy, you’re bound to become a follower of the accelerated learning method. You start to apply what you just learnt directly into a work situation (especially by working with partner companies of the academy like Google). "This is called the training-action method," says Thomas Lesenechal, director of Growth tribe France.
At the heart of this method is speed learning. The principle is simple: "to concentrate on learning and mastering 20% of the concepts that will be used for 80% of the time of the collaborators, it is the Pareto law of the 80-20," explains Thomas, for the rest, we complement our base of 20% knowledge and mastery with personal learning, experience and curiosity.
The goal here is to master a subject to be able to take action and continue learning as quickly as possible. And it works. To learn more, we invite you to listen to our interview with Thomas just here and subscribe to their Youtube channel.
3. Immersive Learning
Have you ever played a role play game or did a simulation and loved it? Tech is not a barrier to learning for you? In this case, Immersive Learning will make you dream.
A little Virtual Reality, it's not just to play. The goal is to transport your learners, like yourself in a simulated environment where you can put knowledge into practice while removing valuable learning data.
Of course, we can’t rely on any solution to apply this pedagogy. Uptale is THE solution that has actually proven that tech can actuallypositively transform learning through Virtual Reality with minimal friction for learners.
4. Simulation and role play games
Have you ever played a role play or simulation and loved it? Well, keep it up, but in class. Not simulations of situations are not new in pedagogies, they are simply still too little used in various fields.
We gave you a precise report on the impact of simulations on learning here !
5. Design Thinking
Developed by Rolf Faste in the 1980s, design thinking is a method of solving problems through brainstorming and ideation.
Nothing better to develop the creativity, analytical skills, organization and teamwork of learners. But that's not all, design thinking has repercussions on the entire learning environment, from content to room configuration; administrative processes for exams.
Take a look at this white paper ! You will find ideas and information to best apply design thinking in your institutions.